AIM Canada Response to COVID-19
As COVID – 19 continues to spread, AIM Canada assures our members and supporters that we are carefully monitoring the progress of this virus so that we can respond appropriately. We know that the Lord is our strength and protector and we can trust in his sovereignty.
We are not requiring missionaries to return to Canada, nor requiring them to stay in Africa if they feel they must come home. We have helped some to come home early when their imminent returns to Canada were previously planned. All are being encouraged to follow the guidance of AIM Field Leadership and we will continue working with Field Leadership on exceptional cases in this ever-evolving situation.
Office staff, both in house and those who work remotely, continue to work diligently to serve the needs of AIM Canada. As an organization, we are practicing all recommendations set out by the World Health Organization. Without constraining the ability of the mission to function normally, we are acting with the utmost caution on all fronts. While all of this will have some impact on ministry, it provides an opportunity to shine Christ’s love to people. Jesus cares about our physical health as well as our spiritual health. Remaining in affected countries is a demonstration of AIM’s commitment to those we serve. Our missionaries are carefully balancing stewardship with God’s call on their lives to be faithful labourers.
- Pray that the Good News would continue to be shared and that God would draw many to himself. There are those who are fearful, who need to know God and to know the true and lasting redemption he offers.
- Pray for those who are sick and dying.
- Pray for the healthcare workers and frontline workers who are risking their lives to care for others.
- Pray for our missionaries as they serve, ministering to the needy in Africa. Pray for renewed strength, physical safety and spiritual well-being.
- Pray for God’s guidance for AIM leadership so that they may respond wisely to the situation at hand.